The Best Splitboard for: Powder + Freeride - Trees, Powder & Steeps
The Backwoods is a powder & freeride hybrid that prefers trees, powder and steeps. Like most powder boards, the Backwoods has a very wide nose and a tapered tail, but it differentiates itself with a mid-stiff flex, our Freeride camber-dominant profile and only 10mm of setback. This combination keeps the board nimble in trees, reliable on crud, and floaty in deep snow. A powerful core of poplar and bamboo stringers helps keep this board smooth and surfy while tip to tail carbon stringers give it a little extra pop. The castor bean based, Rugged Nylon topsheet, helps shed snow and adds durability while the Sintered 4001 base provides top of the line speed in a minimalist black design to create seamless repairs. All of this helps the Backwoods to slay pow while still performing in variable conditions as you hop from pow stash to pow stash.
As with all our splitboards, we shift the touring bracket forward to make kick-turns a breeze and on this model we utilize active latching Karakoram UltraClips 2.0, installed with our holeless base technology, to help create the most responsive ride.
- Wood Composition || Poplar - 91% | Bamboo - 9%
- Shape || Tapered Directional
- Camber Profile || Freeride
- Topsheet || Castor Bean Based Rugged Nylon
- Layup Fibers || Tri-Axial Fiber Glass
- Carbon Fiber Stringers || 2x Tip to Tail
- Base Material || Sintered Durasurf 4001 + Aluminum Tip + Holeless
- Sidewall || Polyurethane (PU)
- Split-Tech || Shifted Touring Bracket Position
- Clips || Karakoram UltraClip 2.0
- Tip & Tail Clips || Karakoram Tip-Loc
- Skin Attachment || Tip Holes + Tail Notches
- Backcountry Magazine Editor's Choice 2018
- Backcountry Magazine Editors Choice 2017
4 YEAR WARRANTY
We're pumped to offer one of the longest warranties in the industry. We offer a 4 Year Warranty because we believe in creating bomber product. Our boards should last as long as possible to reduce the impact on mother earth. LEARN MORE.
Shipping is generally 3-5 business days but may take longer depending on location. We ship from Denver and our warehouse is open Mon-Fri. Delivery dates are never guaranteed. Ask email@example.com for special requests for expedited shipping and / or finding a dealer.
All purchases will ship through FedEx, do not use PO Boxes, If shipping is not available to your address please send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Free return shipping on misshipments only. Please ask email@example.com for help with sizing.
*We are not liable for damage to product as a result of mishandling by delivery companies or theft. We strongly recommend purchasing shipping insurance which is available at checkout.