The Best Splitboard for: Powder - Snow Surfing & Trees
The Japow is snow surfing at its finest - preferring trees and the deepest powder possible. Like many powder boards, the Japow has a very wide nose with a good amount of reverse camber. We pair that with our Powder camber-dominate profile and iconic fishtail. This combination provides unrivaled float in deep snow that helps save your energy for all the time you'll spend in the white room. This combination provides unrivaled float in deep snow and maneuverability in tight trees. A powerful core of poplar and bamboo stringers helps keep this board smooth and surfy while carbon stringers in maintain the pop in the swallowtail. The castor bean based, Rugged Nylon topsheet, helps shed snow and adds durability while the Sintered 4001 base provides top of the line speed in a minimalist black design to create seamless repairs. All of this helps the Japow to slay pow in the deepest of conditions as would be demanded on the 3 foot days in Hokkaido.
As with all our splitboards, we shift the touring bracket forward to make kick-turns a breeze and on this model we utilize active latching Karakoram UltraClips 2.0, installed with our holeless base technology, to help create the most responsive ride.
- Wood Composition || Poplar - 91% | Bamboo - 9%
- Shape || Tapered Directional Swallow-Tail
- Camber Profile || Powder
- Topsheet || Castor Bean Based Rugged Nylon
- Layup Fibers || Tri-Axial Fiber Glass
- Carbon Fiber Stringers || 1x Inserts to Tail
- Base Material || Sintered Durasurf 4001 + Aluminum Tip + Holeless
- Sidewall || Ultra-High-Molecular-Weight Polyethylene (UHMW)
- Split-Tech || Shifted Touring Bracket Position
- Clips || Karakoram UltraClip 2.1
- Tip & Tail Clips || Karakoram Tip-Loc
- Skin Attachment || Tip Holes + Tail Notches
- Backcountry Magazine Editor's Select 2023
- Blister Magazine Best of 2021
- Backcountry Magazine Editor's Choice 2021
- Outside Magazine Gear of the Year 2019
4 YEAR WARRANTY
We're pumped to offer one of the longest warranties in the industry. We offer a 4 Year Warranty because we believe in creating bomber product. Our boards should last as long as possible to reduce the impact on mother earth. LEARN MORE.
Shipping is generally 3-5 business days but may take longer depending on location. We ship from Denver and our warehouse is open Mon-Fri. Delivery dates are never guaranteed. Ask firstname.lastname@example.org for special requests for expedited shipping and / or finding a dealer.
All purchases will ship through FedEx, do not use PO Boxes, If shipping is not available to your address please send an inquiry to email@example.com
*Free return shipping on misshipments only. Please ask firstname.lastname@example.org for help with sizing.
*We are not liable for damage to product as a result of mishandling by delivery companies or theft. We strongly recommend purchasing shipping insurance which is available at checkout.